Medi Classic Insurance Policy (Individual)
The comforts and luxuries of today's life come at a price-the price of uncertainities. Of the uncertainities, health of oneself and one's family is prime concern. Added to this, the fact that medical expenses are getting dearer, one ailment is all it takes to wipe out years of savings that was meant to realize your dreams.
Medi Classic Insurance from star Health is a policy that provides for reimbursement of hospitalisation expenses incurred as a result of illness/disease/sickness and/or accidental injuries, so that you can keep your dreams alive.
- Room, boarding, nursing expenses as provided by the Hospital / Nursing Home at 2% of the Sum Insured, subject to a maximum of Rs.5,000/- per day
- Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialist Fees.
- Anesthesia, Blood,Oxygen, Operation theatre charges, cost of Pacemaker etc.
- Emergency ambulance charges for transporting the covered patient to the hospital up to a sum of Rs. 750/- per hospitalisation and overall limit of Rs. 1500/- per policy period.
- Hospitalization Cover : In-patient hospitalization expenses for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Non Allopathic Treatments: Covered up to 25% of the sum insured subject to a maximum of Rs. 25,000/- per policy period.
Policy Term The policy is usually available for one year but in case premium for two years is paid in advance then a discount of 5% is available on the total premium.
Automatic Restoration of Sum Insured The sum insured is automatically restored by 200% when the basic sum insured is fully exhausted during the policy period. This benefit is not available for Family Package Plan.
Bonus The insured person will be eligible for Bonus calculated at 5% of the basic sum insured for every claim free year subject to a maximum of 25%.In the event of a claim, the Bonus will be reduced by 5% of the basic sum insured. However the basic sum insured will not be reduced. This benefit is not available for Family Package Plan.
Pre-Existing Disease Pre-existing diseases are covered after 48 months of continuous insurance with any Indian Insurance Company.
Pre & Post Hospitalization
- Pre-hospitalization medical expenses up to 30 days prior to the date of admission.
- Post-hospitalization up to 60 days from the date of discharge from the hospital. The amount payable shall not exceed the sum calculated at 7% of the hospitalization expenses (excluding room charges) subject to a maximum of Rs.5,000/-